Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All in all, still a great season

You've probably been wondering where I've been for the past week. Seeing as how this is the most important playoff series in Philly since, well, the last one, you wouldn't be too far off in thinking that I'd be blogging my little heart out with all the juciy details from behind the front lines.

If you haven't been wondering, well screw you, I'm telling you anyway.

The truth is that I've been pretty busy with both studying for my state life exam and actually trying to figure out how to run my own business for about the past two weeks now. And because of this, I haven't gotten the chance to sit down and write about what so far has been a fairly awful series. Let's be honest, the Penguins are just better. Much better than I was willing to give them credit for. I thought they had it easy going through Ottawa and New York, but they actually are a good club. They've made us look foolish, that's for sure. Granted, things would have been much different had the Flyers not lost Kimmo Timonen and Braydon Coburn to injuries (TSN reported that Coburn was skating today and should be available for tomorrow's Game 4), and it would have helped if we remembered to shoot the puck more.

Tomorrow night is most likely the final game of the year, and while it is frustrating to lose to Pittsburgh, the Flyers are way ahead of schedule. They've got a young team that should be around for a while, players like Claude Giroux and Ryan Parent (who just isn't ready yet) in the pipeline, and a front office who isn't likely to go overboard rehauling the team. If anyone thought the Flyers were going to win the Stanley Cup this year, they're insane. Or know something I don't. Honestly, even if we lose tomorrow, this has to be one the best seasons ever in Philadelphia. At least now we have something to look forward to instead of another mediocre Eagles season.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment