Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Flyers 4, Bolts 3 (OT)

(Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Well, that was...interesting. I missed a good part of the third period because I was holding my hands in front of my eyes, but here are some key observations I had from last night:

- Scott Hartnell owes Marty Biron a steak dinner. For the rest of the year. My goodness, could you imagine if Ryan Malone had scored on that penalty shot?
- Jeff Carter may be a sleeper pick for the Richard Trophy if he keeps this up.
- Get rid of the black sweaters. Keep the orange.
- I am starting to notice a slight decrease in attendance at the Wac lately. I know that no one really gets jazzed up for the Lightning around here, but you have to wonder if ticket prices are becoming out of reach for more and more people. Just a thought...
- Putting Luca Sbisa on the ice against Vinnie Lecavalier may have seemed like a good idea, but there were a couple of times where the young boy got schooled. All part of the learning process, I guess.
- Finally, you knew that third Tampa goal was coming the minute Biron failed to control the rebound. I swear, failure to control rebounds has been the downfall of every Flyers goalie in my lifetime. Unbelievable.

New Jersey up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment