Monday, October 22, 2007

And away we go...

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a bit late to the whole blog thing. Never really saw the need for one, I suppose. But I figured since I spend most of my time reading other people's opinions, it was time to get mine out. So here goes...

I'm Jay. My full name is Jason, but that sounds too formal, like something my parents or professors would use. So, just Jay. I'm living outside of Philly for the moment. Used to live in Maryland while going to school there, but circumstances forced me back into the old country (more on that later). It's a bit weird being back here, I don't mind telling you. It's hard to put into words, but after living away from home for so long, I don't really feel like this is me anymore. It was great growing up as a kid out here, but those days are done. And there's no sense in trying to redo them or relive them.

This blog will basically be your window into one of the most complicated, convoluted, and cynical minds of the 21st century. Given that the century is only eight years old, that's not saying much. However, I do feel that there's not enough young, black, certifiably insane voices out here on the Interwebs, so I figured I'd add mine to the mix. Let's just get some basics out of the way...

Sports - Anything Philly, plus the Maryland Terrapins, Arsenal FC
Politics - Independent and proud of it, son...
Occupation - None at the moment. You'd think it would be easy for a history major to find meaningful work. I mean, everyone loves history, right? Right??? Do you want the tall latte or the grande?

Anyway, that's the bare bones of it. This will get better, I promise. And if it doesn't, well, go read someone else's blog, why doncha?

No comments:

Post a Comment