Sunday, October 28, 2007

Aimless ramblings...

I think the hardest part about starting one of these blogs is figuring out what exactly I want to do with it. Do I make it political, and if so, should it be just local Philly politics or national? Do I dare tackle the present administration or the war and risk not being able to get on another airplane ever again? How personal should I be? I've heard that potential employers Google your name when they do the background check. What if they Google me and find out that I think the Vice President is really the Sith Lord Darth Sidious? Will that keep me from the cubicle of my dreams? Of course, if they did Google me, they'd probably come up with this fellow. Helluva player, so I've heard.

Anyway, I've decided that this will be more or less a weekly recap of everything that's passed by me during the week (condensed, of course). I'll be giving my view on everything from politics to sports to my current on-going job search, just to give whoever reads this (and if there are readers, God bless) a different perspective. Not promising the second coming of Dailykos or anything, but hey, it's a start.

So, to recap:

Flyers 2, Bruins 1 - No doubt, this was ugly. Thank goodness Bergeron is fine and moving. It's unfortunate that people seem to just focus on incidents like this and not on the fact that this team is really good, but that's the media for you.

This is just fantastic. It was only a matter of time before the war in Iraq spilled over the borders. The worst part is that apparently, Kurdish Iraq was doing well. Or, at least that's what we've been told. It'd be interesting to see how exactly this incursion is spun in the MSM, if it even gets mentioned over here.

Link of the week belongs to my friend Anthony McMahon and his baby. Definitely liked the pictures with the birthday cake. The Mets uniform, not so much. At least he's too young to remember this season, poor guy.

That's it for now. As I said, this will get better. I hope...




No comments:

Post a Comment