Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Now THAT was fun...Flyers 8, Penguins 2


(AP Photo/H. Rumph, Jr.)

I knew the Flyers wanted to get back to winning at home, but my goodness. This game was a blowout from start to finish; even if the Pens tied it at 2-2, they were never in it. The Flyers simply outskated, outshot, and outmuscled Pittsburgh like rabid Christmas shoppers going after the last Guitar Hero 3 at Best Buy. To make matters even better, Pittsburgh attempted to play rough towards the end, and they failed at that. When it was all said and done, the Flyers ended up with 58 PIM, while the Pens had a whopping 98. Coach John Stevens called out Pittsburgh in his press conference, calling them "undisciplined". The take-out slide on Martin Biron by Big Georges Laraque was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a hockey game. I guess it was retaliation for getting hit by Ben Eager, which was also stupid, but go after one of our enforcers if you want to throw down. Not that Biron can't fight, mind you. He went a round with Ray Emery of the Senators last season and got flattened. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, I suppose.

Flyers get tomorrow off before hosting the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday in a game I like to call "The City I Love vs. The City I'd Love To Move To". Except in the winter, 'cause I hear that sucks up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment