Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Flyers 2, Rangers 1 (OT)

(AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)

I think I woke up half of Southeast PA when Mike Richards scored that goal. I apologize.

I know I'm not alone in believing that the Flyers were going to blow the game tonight after Daniel Briere tied it up in the third. The Rangers must have controlled the puck in our end for a good five to six minutes, somehow keeping the defense from even touching the puck enough to clear the zone and get a full line change on the ice. Don't act like I was the only one screaming "Clear it, YA MORONS!!!!" at my TV. Luckily, thanks to some bad MSG ice and even worse Ranger shooting, the game went to OT and Richards won it with a tricky bankhander past Henrik Lundqvist who really should have made the save. Ah, well...

Would've been nice if Toronto had put some more distance between us and Boston by winning tonight. Thanks a bunch. At least Ottawa knocked Buffalo further back in the standings. I have to say, the line pairing of Briere and Vinnie Prospal seems to be working well recently. Given that Simon Gagne isn't even skating these days, someone had to step in and fill the role of playmaker on the first line, and Prospal's done it so far. I would make the case for signing him for a few more years, especially now since Gagne's one good hit away from retirement.

Next up for the Flyers is a date with New Jersey on Friday. Needless to say, we cannot drop anymore points this season. Even an overtime loss is OK provided we don't give up too much ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment