Sunday, March 23, 2008

Flyers 4, Rangers 3 (URSO)

(AP Photo/Tom Mihalek)

I can't really comment on this game, seeing as how I didn't watch it. Serves me right, I suppose. The one time we beat the New York Rangers in a shootout (by the way, URSO = UnRecognized ShootOut. Pretty clever, right? Right? Oh, shut up...) and I didn't see it. I can tell you that it does not surprise me in the least to know that we gave up a late third-period goal to NY which tied the game at 3-3. The Philadelphia Inquirer ran a story about how the Flyers are now practicing 6-on-5 situations to put an end to the madness. And I'm happy to report that we still have work to do. Oh well, two points are two points, especially when they move us ahead of Boston in the standings. If it all stays like this, we'll end up playing New Jersey in the first round instead of Montreal, which isn't ideal, but I'll take it.

I did get a chance to see the Toronto/Ottawa game last night. Now that was fun. I know I give the Leafs a lot of grief (who doesn't?), but I tip my hat to them for at least trying to make something out of this season. My only grievance is that for some unknown reason, NHL Center Ice Online cuts the audio right when the HNIC theme music starts playing. For those who are unfamiliar with Hockey Night In Canada, the theme music is considered to be the unofficial Canadian national anthem, and is right up there with the theme music for Monday Night Football as the best sports music ever. Hell, some people wait for the theme to end, go get dinner, come back for Coach's Corner with Don Cherry, and go to bed. All I'm saying is, play the music. It's awesome. It's hockey. It makes me happy.

Islanders are in town tonight at the Center. Have a happy Easter and stay away from the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny is evil, mostly because it reminds me of Donnie Darko. And one mall Bunny scared me as a child. I've said too much...


No comments:

Post a Comment