Sunday, March 16, 2008

My bad

Hello folks. It's been a while, I know. The last two weeks have bordered on both crazy and mind-numbingly boring, so forgive me for not keeping up with the posting. Especially since I have discovered that the fate of this blog is connected to the fate of the Flyers. It appears that any time I begin to slack off and not keep up with the Cafe, the Flyers hit the skids. Hard. Like Iceberg-Dead-Ahead! hard. You wouldn't think that something as insignificant as this would have any effect on a professional hockey team, but apparently it does. And for that, I apologize. I'm sorry that the Flyers have gone from a playoff lock to a nervous wreck. For all of you looking forward to our first-round matchup against the #1 seed du jour, I'll take the blame. All of it...

Seriously, that's the most logical reason I can come up with to explain why the Flyers believe that the season ended two weeks ago. We came into this week needing to take at least six points from a struggling Toronto, a Boston team that can't stop the puck, and Pittsburgh. And we came away with...two points. TWO FRIGGIN' POINTS!!!!! The Flyers let two game get away from them in the third period and today...no comment on today. Just an utter lack of heart. I guess they were tired from the flight or the emotional toll that yesterday's loss to Boston took on them. Who knows? Oh, that's right, it's my fault. Sorry.

Oh well. At least Temple, St. Joe's, and Villanova made the NCAA tournament today. No Maryland, though that was to be expected. Ironically, the first university I attended, American U. in Washington, a school with ZERO basketball history, made it and will play Tennessee this week. Oh, and the Phillies won today. See, it's getting better!! Delusion is fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment