Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jeez, it's been over a week...

since I last posted. Let's see what's happened since then:

Oh, those Flyers. I swear, if this team ever got consistent, they'd be among the elite. If it wasn't for the gift that keeps on giving in the New York Islanders, this team would be the bottom of the East. Inconsistent goaltending, a leaky defense, and uneven scoring are the most glaring issues, not to mention the on-and-off injuries to Daniel Briere (I think the latest injury is a groin pull. I had one of those in high school and let me tell you, it's the worst. I could be playing soccer in the Premier League or pitching for the Red Sox if it wasn't for that groin pull. Ah well...), and let's not forget the news that Brendan Shanahan may be coming to town. Right now the O&B are down 1-0 to Pittsburgh at the end of the 1st. At least they're not getting outshot.

I have to be honest with you. Ever since the Phillies won the World Series, coupled with Barack Obama winning the presidency, my angst and frustration level has gone to...well, nil. Heck, normally I would be screaming from the rooftop after watching a mediocre hockey team and the Eagles get thoroughly stomped on Sunday, but now...not so much. I guess this all comes when your team finally pulls it out. If the Flyers ever win the Cup, you could hit me with a dumptruck and I wouldn't feel it.

Lastly, I do apologize for not being around. This new job's got me working pretty hard, so hopefully after this week I should be back to the usual routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment