Thursday, November 13, 2008

Penguins 5, Flyers 4 (SO)

(AP photo)
Due to the ongoing conflict between DirecTV, Comcast, and my laziness in not heading to the bar tonight to watch this game, I listened online. And after the Pens went up 3-0 in the second and John Stevens called a timeout, I figured it would be a good time to do something more constructive with my time...like staring at the walls and re-reading the Sports Illustrated Phillies World Series Commemorative Edition for the 59th time. And then wouldn't ya know it, it's 4-3. And I'm thinking, you know, it's time to put the baseball season to an end. Clearly the Flyers know that I'm back and are doing everything they can to ease my re-entry into hockey by beating the little cousins from Pittsburgh. They deserve my attention again. Heck, the only thing that could spoil this reunion party would be a shootou...

...figures.

Seriously, at least they're showing some fight. Unfortunately, it's not showing up on the scoreboard or the win column. It won't get any easier Saturday night in Montreal, even if they just got destroyed by Boston 6-1 tonight. Hate to say it, but I really think this team is missing both Jason Smith and Derian Hatcher. Maybe if things get worse for Ottawa they'll be willing to trade him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment