Friday, November 14, 2008

Wow, that was quick

Apparently Barry "The Mullet" Melrose is out as head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning. I guess now he can head on back to ESPN for some more hard-hitting hockey analysis, provided ESPN can fit it in between the World Series of Poker broadcasts. I can't see how firing a coach this early in the season can do any good for a team. I know that Bruce Boudreau came in and basically lifted the Washington Capitals into the playoffs, but how often does that happen? Tampa is currently 5-7-4 and sitting fourth in the Southeast, a division that, to be fair, ins't all that difficult to make up ground in. Why not keep him for the year and see what happens? Hey, whatever, it's not my team (although good luck to former Flyer Rick Tocchet, who gets to take over that circus), so I can't get too worried. I guess this also means one less Carrie Milbank commercial on the NHL Network. See, now THERE'S your tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment