Sunday, November 4, 2007

Remember, remember, the 5th of November...


Since I have a little bit of time before Pats-Colts and Eagles-Boys, I figured I'd get in some posting...
(picture courtesy of GEORGE BRIDGES / McClatchy Tribune)


Went down to DC this weekend to check out the Flyers against the Caps on Friday. The Flyers usually get a good crowd down from Philly, but this night was especially rowdy. I don't know if was the upcoming football game or the fact that it was college night, but boy, that game was fun. Course, it also helped that the boys won the game 3-2. Briere, Mike "Mad Dog" Richards, and Umberger scoring for the Flyers, Ovechkin and some bit player for the Caps. I still can't figure out how the Caps still aren't able to sell out their arena even though they have one of the best players in hockey. I give Ovechkin one more year, then it's off to Toronto, Montreal, or Detroit. God, imagine him in orange and black alongside Forsberg and Gagne? Sick.

In politics, it's finally time to pick a new mayor for Philadelphia. Whoever it is (what am I saying, it's gonna be Nutter), they'll have their work cut out for them. In case you haven't heard, we lost a 25-year veteran police officer this week. He was the third officer shot in 48 hours. I tell you, I love Philly, but this is getting out of hand. And what's worse, no one seems to have any good ideas on how to stop the violence, or at least get it under control. We'll never live completely free of crime, but this needs to be priority no. 1 for the new guy in City Hall.

Oh yeah, the job search: I'll be sending out a ton of resumes this week. Hopefully, someone will bite, but I'm not getting too optimistic. Of course, the White House is claiming victory for 166,000 new jobs added in October. Guess they weren't in PA...

Alrighty, time for the game. I'm thinking Colts 38, Pats 35. And congrats to the Naval Academy for beating Notre Dame for the first time since '63. Then again, I could round up 10 kids at a YMCA and beat ND this year. Anyway, good game.

UPDATE - New England 24, Indy 20. Colts let that one get away...

No comments:

Post a Comment